Benecko – Mísečky
A medium-long trip, a moderately demanding circuit, views of the Kotel and Špindlerův Mlýn, refreshments along the way
Route 22 km
Benecko central parking lot > Bellevue serpentine > refreshments Rovinka > Trídomí > Vidlice > underpass under the chairlift to Přední Labské > Harrachova skála > ski stadium Horní Mísečky > biathlon shooting range > Janova budka > Janova hora – Rovinka > Benecko central parking lot
Interesting facts and tips
- Adjust your bike before the trip, take advantage of the small service at the Skalka hotel.
- Take a break for refreshments at Rovince.
- Stop at Harrach’s Rock for a lookout. See Špindlerův Mlýn, Kozí hřbety, Medvědín, Dlouhý důl, Luční hora and Špindlerůvka from above.
- At the Horní Mísečky ski stadium, refresh yourself in Ve Stopa or in the nearby Jilemnická bouda. You can extend the route and hike to Vrbatova bouda and Zlaté návrší (4 km, 400 m elevation gain). You will return the same way.
- At the biathlon shooting range, get off your bike and take a look at the Kotel from the wooden vantage point.
- When you get to John’s Road, turn off and go to John’s Mountain. There you will find the Hucul farm with the breeding of Hucul horses and a wonderful playground for children with attractions, among which goats graze. There is also an excellent restaurant.