Circuit around Žalý
Short circuit, views in all directions, refreshments along the way
Route 14 km
Benecko central parking lot > Bellevue serpentine > Rovinka refreshments > Herlíkovice slopes > cable car entrance > Möhwaldova bouda > Křížovky > Kubát hotel > Benecko central parking lot
Interesting facts and tips
- The circuit around Žalý goes around both “humps” of Žalý (Zadní Žalý 1,036 m and Přední Žalý 1,019 m), which is why it is also called Velbloudí or Velbloudí cesta (Velbloudka).
- Adjust your bike before the trip, take advantage of the small service at the Skalka hotel.
- Stop by the Rovinka snack bar for something good.
- On the way to the slopes, you will have wonderful views of the Elbe Valley.
- You can have an excellent lunch at Möhwald’s shed
- Enjoy the beautiful view of Vrchlabí, Černá hora and the Krkonoše foothills on the descent from Křížové.
- When you drive down to the Kubát hotel, slow down and enjoy the view of Trosky, Kozákov and Ještěd.