A medium-long, demanding circuit, several steep ascents and descents, through the Krkonoše Mountains, impressive views, refreshments along the way
Route 19 km
Benecko central parking lot > hotel Kubát > hotel Diana (by the torments of God) > “Bátovka” to Mrklov > across the Cedron stream > Vrbičky ridge > Švédův kamen > Valteřice > Bubeníkovy vrchy > to the Jizerka river to Hrabačov > road to Mísečky > direction Benecko > Zákoutí > Homolka hill > Kotelská lookout > “on the Bahná” > Rychnov > Dolní Benecko > Benecko central parking lot
Interesting facts and tips
- The circuit is suitable for skilled cyclists.
- Adjust your bike before you go. Take advantage of the small service at the Skalka hotel.
- After a steep climb to Vrbičky, get off your bike and take a breath. You will be rewarded with one of the most beautiful circular views far and wide. Benecko with Kotlo in the background and Žalý will be in the palm of your hand.
- The Kotel lookout over Horní Štěpanice, known for its folk architecture, offers a view of the Kotel and the other side of the region.
- Šárka Strachová (Záhrobská) was born in Dolní Beneck “on the backside” to the right of the road, and to the left of the road the excellent Czech skier Bohumil Hanč, in whose honor a commemorative plaque can be seen at No. 77.